Sunday, April 24, 2011

Marriott Hotels in Morgantown wv







We just returned from our stay at the newest hotel in Morgantown, WV--The Marriott's Residence Inn. I booked this hotel by chance as it was nearby to where my oldest son had moved for school and work. We stayed in room 126, which was a studio that had a little kitchen (even a dishwasher) , pullout sofabed, desk, king bed, dining table, plus other furniture as well. The room was large, clean and beautifully appointed. Upon arrival staff greeted us cheerfully telling us about the hotel's many amenities which included a free hot buffet for breakfast (freshly made waffles too) and a nightly dinner buffet (during the week only.) There was also a popcorn machine in the lobby, which my younger son was happy to see. They also had coffee/tea 24 hrs in the breakfast room. There was internet access and free newspapers in the lobby too. We hit the pool and gym, everything was kept perfectly clean. My son also enjoyed the basketball court. I believe you can play tennis on it too. With our AAA discount we paid $123.00 for a night (stayed for 2.) We couldn't have been more pleased with the hotel, not a complaint could be found. I'd recommend it to everyone and anyone coming to Morgantown for a stay. It's centrally located too--near campus, hospitals, restaurants, etc.... I wish I had taken a pic of the inside of my room..next time for sure. We will definitely be returning to this hotel in the near future. If you're in Morgantown, WV, give it a try. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
(traveler)


I've never stayed at any place that provides ALL the comforts of home...Hot breakfasts in the morning, and Monday through thrusday, they provided HOT dinners that are compliementary to the guests who stay! And talk about GOOD! For someone on a budget, your food is paid for! The lodging is Amazing...great rooms, great service, and the professionalism of all the staff who work here, is above an beyond! I would highly recommend this place to anyone, esp those on long term stays! It's Home away from Home! A feel of a Bed and Breakfast..you can't beat that anywhere! We will be back!
(Ken and Angela)


The staff was very friendly and the hotel was very clean and spacious. It is conveniently located across the street from the University of West Virginia football stadium and the hospital. The breakfast was excellent - hot food: waffles, pancakes, eggs, sausages, sausage gravy, buiscuts, muffins, juice, fruits, coffee, etc... your eyes will be bigger than your tummy. If you say during the week, they have evening social with food for the guests. I only stayed over the weekend, and there weren't anything going on the weekend. The guests were all very friendly even though I did encounter a couple of "not-so-friendly" or "strange" guests. Overall, it was a great hotel.

It is a very nice hotel for one that allows dogs over 25 lbs to stay there. The pet fee was $75 per stay. Most hotel charges a $20 per "night" fee. It's depending on how long you are staying, the fee can be pretty good comparing to other hotels. Although I don't understand why the pet fee is so high and is non-refundable considering all my dog left behind was some fur. I have seen some kids that can really spill and mess up the carpet and they get to stay for free??? I don't get that. Anyway, while I was there, there were several other people with dogs. it is definitely a petfriendly hotel. It has small areas where the dogs can walk around.
(marinda)

No comments:

Post a Comment